Monday, March 22, 2010

March Papertwirlies Team Challenge - Quilly Nilly

Throughout the month of March we will be featuring the creative solutions from the Paper Twirlies team for our "Best Dressed" challenge. This week please take a look at Quilly Nilly's pretty floral name cards.


Tell us how your item fits the theme: Best "Dressed"
Recently I created a list of items I'd like to create and get up in my shop, name cards just happened to on my list - I had created one set for the fall awhile back and really enjoyed working on them. I love the idea of walking into a party/dinner and looking to see where I'm seated, like a game or surprise. This months PaperTwirlies Team challenge was perfect - it gave me an excuse to get working on some name cards. Who wouldn't love to see their name on these pretties!

I have always been artistic, drawing on whatever paper I could get my hands on - as I got older I still loved being creative; especially with paper. My biggest project as a pre-teen was a bunny house made completely out of paper. I made the bunny family of four and from that I just kept going till I had a house made out of a large box and all their accessories completely out of paper. I went to college for graphic design, worked for a company designing kids Valentine's, gift bags, gift wrap and other paper items and I now work for a company involved with paper. It's an obsession.


I started quilling almost 6 years ago and would love to be able to do it full time. I sell my stuff on the web a at www.quillynilly.etsy.com and here in town at a shop called Handmade Creativity (Bartlett, Tn). I love looking at something and trying to solve it by creating it in paper. I'm whimsical and fun and that tends to follow through in my creations.



To view or purchase these pretty floral name cards please visit the link below

1 comment:

Fairy Cardmaker, Lisa said...

I LOVE how dainty and tiny these flowers are. The colours scream watermelon!! Can't wait for spring and that first patio meal!